Tuesday, April 9, 2013

My Interest Biology Experiment - 1

<Testing My Own Blood Type & Observing White Blood Cell>

*vocabulary

-Antigen : basically it is a substance that provokes the production of antibody.
-Antibody : large Y-shaped proteins. They are recruited by the immune system tto identify and neutralize foreign objects like bacteria and viruses.

                                                           (from the help of Wikipedia)

Experiment No.1 Testing My Own Blood Type




The Blue liquid is B type serum also known as anti-A antibody. So this means that if this substance are mixed with blood type of A the antibody inside this liquid would bundle the blood.
                                        
As seen the blood is solidified meaning that it has the antigen of A



The Yellow liquid is A type serum also known as anti-B antibody. So reversely this means that if this substance are mixed with blood type of B the antibody inside this liquid would bundle the blood.

However this time my blood did not bundle up! Meaning that I don't have the antigen of inside my blood.

Lastly the colorless liquid is a anti-RH+ antibody. This of course means that this substance would solidify the blood if it is the bloody type of RH+.

This time it solidified. Meaning that my blood comprises the antigen of RH+.

To summarize due to the fact that I have the antigen of A and RH+ but not B. I can conclude that my blood type is RH+ A.




Experiment No.2 Observing White Blood Cell
 
We dyed our blood with the substance called Giemsa. Where it dyes the nuclear of the white blood cells.

As it is seen on this picture.




The End


0 comments:

Post a Comment