Friday, February 22, 2013

Intro


This is actually the very first time that I set up a blog and started to manage it. So you might wanna keep that in mind while you read along, for I might need some time before I begin to get the nag of posting something on my blog. 


So to start with the 'obvious' self introduction. My name is 노형석, currently attending the KMLA as the 18th wavers. The academic(?) group which I'm associated with is International, Natural Science. I have interest in playing the basketball, listening to music, hanging out with my friends, etc..

But I wouldn't want to waste my first post talking about those kinds of things, I would like to start mentioning the important factors that needs to be known for you guys to grasp what kind of a person I am.

First my personality is very outgoing, getting stuck in the same place for several hours is the very thing which I distaste the most. And this personality is actually the one of the main reason why I wanted to attend KMLA as the International group. For I figured that KMLA would provide much more interactive activities than any other high-schools suiting my taste.

Moving on, there is actually a cause for my so outgoing style. I lived in New Zealand for 19 months when I was still in elementary school. Young as it might seem for a person to be that greatly influenced but I can still remember clearly what happened during my stay. I was kind of a personal cultural shock to me. Short as I have lived meeting and interacting with so many foreign students destroyed completely the universe which I have set up around me. This gave me the chance to start clean and to adapt to the life style of New Zealand and I suppose that I'm still in the shade of that experience.




 Lastly, the field which I'm interested in is Biology; Genetic Modification. Starting when I was little I've always dreamed of curing other people, and as a matter of fact for some time I dreamed of becoming a doctor. But some point during my life I realized that being a doctor could not solve the very reason why people suffered and started to look for the very way to cut the roots of disease. As it turned out the answer was somewhat very simple. I have long since been interested in Biology and in the field of biology there is the part of genetic modification. Suddenly it became clear to me that the thing which longed and needed me to do. And I have been devoting to that field of study ever since.

Anyway I believe that this would be enough talking about me, and I really do hope that you guys(especially Mr. Menard) enjoys and finds the upcoming essays or articles that I would post very useful.

Good day to you all.:)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

You have great precision on articulating what you would like to achieve... Very nice!
In a school of mutants, toward a future with people who we aren't, we'll need all the brainpower we have... :-)

Post a Comment